Blood Results Interpretation
Start:26 November 2020
End:26 November 2020
Cost: £125.00 plus vat
Date: 26 November 2020
CPD Hours: 6
This course provides an overview of common blood tests carried out in clinical practice with a special focus on general practice. It will provide an overview of the relationship between normal physiology and disease processes. Provides guidance to interpretation of results within clinical context using a case study approach.
- Full Blood Count; Haemoglobin and erythrocyte physiology. Patterns in anaemia. Iron studies.
- Interpretation of inflammatory markers: ESR,WCC, CRP
- Metabolic and Clinical Biochemistry
- Hypo and hypernatraemia.
- LFT, Albumin, ALT and association to Liver Disease.
- Bloods in general practice
- Case Study Approach using clinical cases.
***Limited places available
Suitable for nurses, pharmacists, paramedics and other healthcare professionals working in primary care.