This programme is delivered in 3 different formats. It can be accessed as E-learning, webinars or classroom session. We have 3 different programmes which include hybrid and blended learning modules.
Programme 3: General Practice Webinars
- Have a UK or overseas degree from a recognised institution or equivalent professional or other qualification.
- Hold professional registration with the NMC, HCPC, GMC or Allied Health Professional Body or Council are encouraged to have an identified mentor in general practice to complete competencies.
- Work-based learning is central to the course. This approach allows you to manage and actively shape your own learning in the workplace, with the support of nurse mentors and primary care workforce tutors.
- Some of the learning units require completion of the pre -requisite ELFH modules to be completed before the live zoom session
- You should be employed in a role that will support development of your clinical skills during the programme.
- Work in a clinical environment such as general practice with a suitably qualified mentor to support achievement of competencies.
- You need to identify your mentor before starting the course.
Overview of Programmes
This foundation course is for qualified healthcare professionals who are new to general practice. The Introduction to General Practice module comprises of a range of learning units to prepare you for general practice.A programme of blended learning has been designed for nurses and allied healthcare professionals new to general practice and includes live webinars and self directed learning that can be accessed as recorded presentations by experts in the field.The course bundle includes 10 modules with learning units and encourages practice nurses to develop basic skills. It links to the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP, 2012) General Practice Nurse Competencies.
This programme is suitable for clinicians working at and advanced level in general practice. Suitable for practitioners who are seeing and treating patients in primary care settings such as general practice, walk in centres and the community. Includes the following modules.
- Physical Examination Skills
- Advanced Practice Minor Illness (Classroom/ Elearning/Webinar)
- Telephone Triage Webinar
- ECG Interpretation Elearning
- Blood Results Interpretation
- Paediatric Minor Illness
Programme 3 : General Practice Webinars
These series of short webinars and eLearning programmes are suitable for doctors, general practitioners, nurse practitioners and pharmacists who work in general practice or the community. Series of short courses to update knowledge n current practice and evidence related to primary acer provision in the UK.
We offer tailor made in-house courses if you wish to train larger groups of staff. We offer webinar and classroom courses and can offer a mix and match option tailored to your staff needs.
Email email@example.com to find out more. Contact us if you have received funding for your studies.
We offer group discounts