Adult and Paediatric BLS and Anaphylaxis Update
Dates: 21 November 2023 and 5 December 2023. Time slots 09h00 – 12h00 or 13h00 – 16h00 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm date and time.
This comprehensive course is tailored for participants seeking to enhance and update their basic life support skills for both adults and children, adhering to the latest Resuscitation Council (UK) protocols. The curriculum encompasses a variety of educational materials, including lecture notes that cover crucial topics such as Choking Management, Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Use, and Recovery Position techniques.
The primary goal of this course is to empower candidates with the knowledge and skills required to provide safe, timely, and effective basic life support to both adult and paediatric casualties, in strict accordance with the most recent Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines. Additionally, the course aims to raise awareness about anaphylaxis and impart strategies for its management.
Objectives: Upon completion of this session, students will be able to:
- Accurately comprehend and apply the proper sequence in Basic Life Support for both adults and children.
- Critically review and assimilate literature regarding the proper utilization of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of effective strategies for managing choking incidents in both adults and children.
- Identify and implement the correct procedures for placing a casualty in the recovery position.
- Gain awareness and understanding of anaphylaxis, including recognition of symptoms and immediate response strategies.
Who Should Attend:
This course is open to all individuals keen on updating their resuscitation BLS and anaphylaxis skills. It is deemed suitable for a broad audience, regardless of their previous experience or background in first aid or medical care.
Recommended Courses for Further Learning:
- Mandatory Training: A mandatory course that covers essential protocols and procedures in various emergency scenarios.
- Paediatric Life Support: A specialised course focusing exclusively on life support techniques and strategies for infants and children.
- BLS and COVID-19: A timely course that integrates basic life support skills with specific considerations and adaptations required during the COVID-19 pandemic.
By participating in this course, individuals will not only refresh and update their basic life support skills but also acquire crucial knowledge in pediatric life support and anaphylaxis awareness, ensuring comprehensive preparedness in emergency situations.
Roger Hoare is a dual trained paramedic and chartered physiotherapist with extensive experience in regularly delivering basic life support training throughout the UK. he is also a Resuscitation Council UK Instructor and hold a teaching qualification (Cert Ed)
This is a classroom practical session in Battersea SW11 3UJ
Email email@example.com to confirm time slot and dates.
21 November or 5 December 2023