Advanced Skills Minor Illness Webinar AMI0822 17 18 19 August 2022
CPD Hours : 30. Webinar using zoom Accredited by CPDUK Time: 12h00 – 18h00
This minor illness course is for advanced nurse practitioners, allied healthcare practitioners and independent non medical prescribers working towards advanced roles seeing and treating adults in primary care and community settings including general practice and walk in pharmacies. A case study approach is used to explore differential diagnoses, and pharmacological and non pharmacological interventions including safety netting and worsening care advice.
The Minor Illness Course will develop your knowledge and skills to assess patients with a range of minor illness conditions of the respiratory, abdominal, gastrointestinal, dermatology, ENT, eye conditions, gynae, sexual health, contraception and mental health presentations in urgent care, general practice, walk in centres and community settings.
- Be a registered healthcare professional with a minimum of 2years post qualifying experience.
- Relevant workplace opportunities and organisational support with an identified mentor is encouraged to support completion of skills portfolio in clinical environment and improve competence after attending the minor illness course. *** This minor illness course is suitable for healthcare professionals new in the role with limited experience seeing and treating patients independently.
***Completion of this course does not award competence or the title of Advanced Practitioner. This is obtained with experience, mentorship and completion of relevant educational courses.
Who should attend
- Nurse Practitioners
- Independent prescribers
- Allied health professionals
- Overseas doctors
- Physician Assistants
- Demonstrate knowledge of pathophysiology in management of minor illnesses.
- Critically consider ethical and legal issues that influence decision-making in seeing and treating minor ailments and working in independent roles.
- Reflect on risk management constraints when planning a safe discharge or referral to other agencies and members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Develop skills in ensuring clinical practice is evidence based through engagement with local organisation policy and current health strategy in primary care.
- Recognise importance of multi-professional working for effective and safe management of minor ailments.
This course can be accessed as :
- eLearning Course
- History Taking and Documentation
2. Respiratory Disorders in Primary Care
3. ENT Disorders in Primary Care
4. Eye Disorders in Primary Care
5. Headaches – Clinical Decision Making and Red flag
6. Back pain Management in Primary Care
7. Dermatology for General Practice 8. Gynae & Menopause
9. Contraception and Sexual Health
10. Antimicrobial Stewardship
11. Mental Health Disorders
12. Gastro Intestinal Disorders
*** Discounted price is £300.00 plus vat.
History Taking and Documentation
Clinical Decision-making in Headaches
Managing Back Pain in Primary Care
Antimicrobial pre-course document
Antimicrobial Stewardship - Handout
Antimicrobial Stewardship - Presentation
Gynaecology and Menopause
Contraception and Sexual Health
Recorded webinars from review sessions
This is a 3 Day Live Webinar.
Zoom link will be sent out closer to course dates.
This special offer price applies to 17-19 August 2022 only. This cannot be transferred to a classroom or future course.