Childhood Immunisations Update 16 September 2021
This course is for nurses who have completed the foundation programme and competencies. This course is designed to meet your yearly update requirements. The course is in line with the recommendations of the current Public Health England (formerly Health Protection Agency) Standards for Immunisation Training.
Who Should Attend?
School Nurses, Practice Nurses,Physician Associates, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners
- Complete scenarios which will be given to delegates when the booking is made.
This course aims to update your knowledge of current PHE standards for childhood immunisations.
- Develop knowledge and confidence in providing current information on childhood diseases and immunisation to parents/patients.
- Have an awareness of the current guidelines and Department of Health’s recommendations on immunisations
- Update knowledge of current issues and changes to the immunisation schedule .
- Demonstrate safe, effective childhood immunisation care.
- Overview of national policy and immunisation schedules in england.
- Recent changes in childhood immunisation programme
- Vaccine preventable diseases and changes in schedule
- Safe storage and handling of vaccines.
- Effective communication with patients and parents
- Review use of PGDs and PSDs
- Communication issues with patients and parents
- Review of PGDs and PSDs
- Anaphylaxis and adverse events
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Improving vaccine uptake rate during the pandemic
LIVE SESSION – ZOOM
Date: 16 September 2021
Time: 11H00 – 14H30. Webinar : 3.5hrs. CPD Hours : 4
Lecturer: Kirsty Armstrong