Chronic Disease Update 13 March 2024
Date: 13 March 2024
Time: 13h00 – 16h00
Session type: ZOOM
Accreditation: 3 CPD Hours
The Chronic Disease Update Course is designed to provide healthcare professionals with the latest evidence-based knowledge and updates on the management and treatment of chronic diseases. This update focusses on prescribing in chronic diseases.
The aims of the Chronic Disease Update are to enhance participants’ understanding of key concepts, emerging trends, and best practices in chronic disease care. This course will also focus on addressing the multidimensional aspects of chronic diseases, including lifestyle modifications, patient education, and psychosocial support.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the epidemiology and impact of chronic diseases.
- Update knowledge around prescribing in chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart failure and asthma.
- Discuss the latest advancements in pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment options.
- Recognise the importance of interdisciplinary collaboration in chronic disease care especially when prescribing in conditions such as diabetes, asthma and COPD.
- Integrate patient-centred approaches for improved chronic disease management.
Who Should Attend
- Allied Health Professionals: This course is relevant to professionals such as pharmacists, paramedics, physician associates, and other allied health practitioners who work with patients managing chronic diseases.
- General practitioners, specialists, and physicians who treat patients with chronic diseases in various fields.
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners: Registered nurses, nurse practitioners, and other nursing professionals who work in primary care, specialty clinics, hospitals, or community settings, and provide care for individuals with chronic conditions.
13h00 Managing COPD exacerbations in the community by Aneela Tehseen, Clinical Pharmacist
14h00 Revising the latest Asthma Guidelines and prescribing in asthma by Ameet Gordhan, Clinical Pharmacist
15h00 Prescribing in Type 2 Diabetes and Medicine Management Update by Gill Dunn Diabetes specialist nurse
16h00 Session close
Prescribing in Asthma
Management of COPD Exacerbations
Diabetes Medicine Management
This is a live zoom session. You will be sent a zoom link the day before the session. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.