Chronic Disease Update 22 November 2023
Date: 22 November 2023
Time: 09h00 – 12h00
Session type: ZOOM
Accreditation: 3 CPD Hours
The Chronic Disease Update Course is designed to provide healthcare professionals with the latest evidence-based knowledge and updates on the management and treatment of chronic diseases.
The aims of the Chronic Disease Update are to enhance participants’ understanding of key concepts, emerging trends, and best practices in chronic disease care. This course will also focus on addressing the multidimensional aspects of chronic diseases, including lifestyle modifications, patient education, and psychosocial support.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the epidemiology and impact of chronic diseases.
- Identify and evaluate risk factors associated with common chronic conditions.
- Utilise evidence-based guidelines for the diagnosis and management of chronic diseases.
- Apply effective strategies for lifestyle modifications and behavioural interventions.
- Discuss the latest advancements in pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment options.
- Recognise the importance of interdisciplinary collaboration in chronic disease care.
- Integrate patient-centred approaches for improved chronic disease management.
Who Should Attend
- Allied Health Professionals: This course is relevant to professionals such as pharmacists, paramedics, physician associates, and other allied health practitioners who work with patients managing chronic diseases.
- General practitioners, specialists, and physicians who treat patients with chronic diseases in various fields.
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners: Registered nurses, nurse practitioners, and other nursing professionals who work in primary care, specialty clinics, hospitals, or community settings, and provide care for individuals with chronic conditions.
09h00 Diabetes Update by Gill Dunn Diabetes specialist nurse
10h00 Revising the latest Asthma Guidelines by Ameet Gordhan, Clinical Pharmacist
11h00 Managing COPD exacerbations in the community by Aneela Tehseen, Clinical Pharmacist
12h00 Session close