Dermatology for General Practice ML2105
CPD Hours : 3
Develop skills in assessment and management of skin disorders presenting to primary care settings.
- Develop a structured approach to history taking in skin presentations.
- Able to use appropriate terminology in identification of common skin lesions.
- Increase knowledge around common skin disorders and their management
- Recognize when to refer and how to make an appropriate referral.
- Principles of dermatological assessment and identification of skin disorders.
- Overview of common acute skin problems: diagnosis, differentials and management
- Assessment of skin lesions (benign lesions and skin cancers)
- Emergencies and red flags
- Recognition of serious dermatological conditions and referral pathways
Who Should Attend
Healthcare professionals working in advanced roles in primary care and general practice
It is recommended that participants have a minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience.
- Work booklet
- Audio presentation
Lecturer: Kirsty Armstrong, ANP and Senior Lecturer in Primary Care
History Taking and Documentation Workshop
Managing the Sick Child in Primary Care
Dermatology for General practice
2Dermatology Multimedia Presentation
This session explores current guidelines on managing common skin problems seen in primary care, the community and general practice.
4Dermatology in dark skin Multimedia Presentation
5Emollient’s and Topical Steroids Multimedia Presentation
Please click complete on completion of MCQ to generate a certificate.