Dermatology for General Practice
CPD Hours : 3
Develop skills in assessment and management of skin disorders presenting to primary care settings.
- Develop a structured approach to history taking in skin presentations.
- Able to use appropriate terminology in identification of common skin lesions.
- Increase knowledge around common skin disorders and their management
- Recognize when to refer and how to make an appropriate referral.
- Principles of dermatological assessment and identification of skin disorders.
- Overview of common acute skin problems: diagnosis, differentials and management
- Assessment of skin lesions (benign lesions and skin cancers)
- Emergencies and red flags
- Recognition of serious dermatological conditions and referral pathways
Who Should Attend
Healthcare professionals working in advanced roles in primary care and general practice
It is recommended that participants have a minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience.
- Work booklet
- Audio presentation
Lecturer: Kirsty Armstrong, ANP and Senior Lecturer in Primary Care
History Taking and Documentation Workshop
Managing the Sick Child in Primary Care