Ear Care Update – 12th October 2021
Date : 18 February 2021
Time : 12h00 – 15h00
CPD Hours : 3
This session will update your knowledge on recent changes in guidance on ear care.
Who can attend
This course is suitable for registered healthcare professionals who provide ear care for service users and have already attended an Introduction to Ear Care course and are experienced in Ear Irrigation.
Occupational Health Nurses
District Nurses and Practice Nurses
Participants will :
- Update knowledge on current legislature and changes in practice relevant to ear irrigation and aural toilet.
- Recognise common ear problems and when to provide aural care.
- Describe the correct decontamination and maintenance of equipment.
- Correctly document procedures relating to ear care
- Undertake ear care safely within the boundaries and limits of their professional competence, responsibility and accountability
- Update their competence record consistent with their individual level of skill and knowledge
Review of anatomy and physiology of the ear and common disorders
Theory of ear irrigation and aural toilet
Contraindications and complications
Current evidence and guidelines to support practice.
Ear Irrigation Booklet
Reading and References
Ear Irrigation Competency Document
Evaluation Ear Care Update
This is a zoom session
Date: 12th October 2021
Time: 12h00 - 14h30