Ear Care Workshop 12 October 2021
Date : September 2021 Register your interest
Time : 10h00 – 16h00
CPD Hours : 6
Who can attend
Nurse Practitioners ,Pharmacists, HCAs, Occupational Health Nurses, District Nurses and Practice Nurses. General Nurses
- Work in a healthcare setting with appropriate supervision and support to undertake ear care.
- Have an identified mentor/supervisor to supervise completion of the competency document after the course.
***This course does not cover Micro Suction.
This course aims to develop your knowledge and skills to safely assess the need to perform ear irrigation using ear irrigation devices in a variety of settings such as general practice, the community and pharmacy settings.
- Identify the anatomy and physiology of the ear and identify common minor ailments.
- Understand the importance of consent and capacity and the importance of data protection.
- Understand consent and capacity and the relevance to ear care
- Take an appropriate clinical history and correctly use an otoscope to examine the ear.
- Be aware of clinical evidence and current guidelines.
- Develop practical skills in ear irrigation, how to use and clean propulse machine.
- Document and refer appropriately as needed.
- Describe and understand how to correctly irrigate an ear for cerumen impaction and be aware of the complications
Lecturer: Kirsty Armstrong
Ear Irrigation Booklet
Reading and References
Ear Irrigation Competency Document
Evaluation Ear Care Update
This practical session will be in Battersea London