ENT Disorders in Primary Care ML2108
CPD Hours : 3
This audio presentation, by an experienced GP, will develop your consultation skills in assessing ENT conditions including dizziness and vertigo in primary care.
- Know how to assess and manage common ENT problems in primary care
- Know about watchful waiting and use of delayed prescriptions
- Know how and when to refer to ENT secondary care for non-urgent referrals
- recognise red flags and ENT emergencies and how to refer
- Able to recognise the difference between vertigo and dizziness.
- Identify red flags and emergencies and refer appropriately.
- Common ear conditions including otitis media, otitis externa
- Assessment of hearing using Rhinne and Weber and Romberg testing
- Identifying cholesteatomas, auricular haematoma, perforations, glue ear.
- Otitis media, otitis externa, assessment and treatment
- Treatment of ear perforations and other ear trauma
- Identifying common disorders including labyrinthitis, BPPV, Meniere’s
- Foreign bodies and abnormalities in the nose
- Assessment of the throat and recognition of throat disorders
- Identification of tonsillitis, glandular fever and quinsy
- Vertigo and Dizziness
Who Should Attend
Healthcare professionals working in advanced roles in primary care and general practice
It is recommended that participants have a minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience and has completed a clinical examination skills session
- Work booklet
- Audio presentation
Lecturer: Dr Sanjeev Kalia, General Practitioner in Birmingham
ENT Examination Masterclass
Ear Disorders Webinar
Clinical Examination Skills Workshop