Equality and Diversity Course
Ensuring equality and diversity in the workplace is really important for all public and private organisations. All individuals working in the public domain or in client-facing roles must demonstrate fairness in delivering high quality care to all service users. This equality and diversity course will help transform how you work to ensure an inclusive approach through inclusive conversation and understanding intercultural differences.
Who Should Attend?
All staff working working in all sectors of healthcare
This session aims to inform you of factors to consider with regards to equality and diversity and have a clear understanding of the legislation regarding human rights, equality and anti-discrimination.
At the end of the session learners will :
- Be able to understand the terms of equality and diversity and know whats covered in the Equality Act 2010.
- Develop an understanding of how a proactive, inclusive approach to equality and diversity can be promoted..
- Understand why it is important to monitor both equalities and health inequalities.
- Understand how an effective approach to equality and diversity can affect society, organisations and individuals.
- Understand how legislation, organisational policies and processes can empower individuals to act appropriately and understand peoples rights.
- Know how to treat everyone with courtesy, dignity and respect and value people as individuals.
- Know what to do if there are concerns about equality and diversity practices, including how to use any local whistleblowing policy and other related policies.
- Know what the law says about discrimination
- Be prepared to challenge discrimination (including institutional discrimination)
- Know your individual and organisational responsibilities regarding equality, diversity and human rights.
Aligned to Skills for Health CTSF guidelines.
Mandatory Training ** This course can be accessed as a stand alone module or as part of the Mandatory Training course bundle