Flu Update 9 September 2021 FU2109
Session Type: ZOOM
Time: 12h00 – 14h30
CPD Hours: 3
Lecturer: Kirsty Armstrong : Senior Lecturer Practitioner in General Practice and Primary Care
Session Aims : This session will provide the latest update on administering the influenza vaccine in the UK.
Who should attend: General Practice Nurses, Pharmacists, Physician Assistants and Paramedics, HCSWs and staff involved in the flu vaccination programme for 21/22.
- Completion of 2 ELFH modules
- Completion of scenario’s and quiz in pre-course workbook
- Watch audio presentation on Anaphylaxis
ZOOM session 9 September 2021 12h00 – 14h30
- Theory session on administration of the Flu vaccine
- At risk groups
- Intranasal flu. Vaccine guidelines for 2021 and the flu programme
- PPE and Risk Assessments
- Vaccine storage and transport for home visits or between practices
- Post vaccine advice. Information for parents and care givers
- Flu Vaccine and COVID19
*** This session will look at the recent guidelines on administering the Flu Vaccine in the UK.