Foundation Travel Health Course
Date: 23 November 2023
Time: 10h00 – 16h00
Session type: ZOOM
Accreditation: CPD Hours: 6
This course follows recommendations from The National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners. This foundation course is suitable for registered healthcare professionals new to travel health.
Who should attend
- Practice Nurses
- Nurse Practitioner
- All other healthcare staff involved in delivering or advising on vaccinations.
- It is a requirement that delegates complete the on-line ELFH modules prior to attending this session.
- Have an identified mentor for completion of competencies.
- Work in an environment to support practice
This session will develop your knowledge and practical skills to provide safe vaccination delivery and advice on travel immunisations.
- Develop knowledge on national vaccine policies, schedules, legislation and current guidance
- Demonstrate the steps required for an effective travel health consultation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to administer vaccinations safely
- Aware of the importance of proper storage and supply of vaccinations.
- Develop knowledge of safe administration of vaccines and what to do in an emergency
- Immunisation national policy and schedule.
- Immune system and how vaccines work
- Different Vaccines used and controversies with immunisation.
- Changes to the National Immunisation Schedule and legislation relevant to vaccination
- Medicine management, storage and handling of vaccines.
- Anaphylaxis and adverse events.
- Travel health and advice
- Medication prescribing and review of current practice
Lecturer: Kirsty Armstrong
This course requires completion of ELFH modules prior to attending this session.You will be sent the zoom link the day before the session.