Introduction to Childhood Immunisations 16 September 2022
LIVE SESSION – Zoom
CPD Hours: 12
LECTURER: Kirsty Armstrong
This course is for healthcare professionals who are new to children vaccine programme. The course complies with the recommendations of the current Public Health England (formerly Health Protection Agency) Standards for Immunisation Training and the Green Book information.
Who Should Attend?
School Nurses, Practice Nurses, Physician Associates, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Paediatric Nurses
- The online ELFH modules must be completed before the session.
- Complete scenarios which will be given to delegates when the booking is made.
- Have an identified mentor to complete course competencies
This course aims to improve your knowledge and confidence in providing information and safe, effective childhood immunisations.
- Develop knowledge and confidence in providing current information on childhood diseases and immunisation to parents/patients.
- Have an awareness of the current guidelines and Department of Health’s recommendations on immunisations
- Develop knowledge of current issues and changes to the immunisation schedule .
- Demonstrate safe, effective childhood immunisation care.
- Overview of national policy and immunisation schedules in England.
- Recent changes in childhood immunisation programme
- Vaccine preventable diseases and changes in schedule
- Safe storage and handling of vaccines.
- Effective communication with patients and parents
- Review use of PGDs and PSDs
- Communication issues with patients and parents
- Review of PGDs and PSDs
- Anaphylaxis and adverse events
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Improving vaccine uptake rate during the pandemic