Menopause Update Online MU23
The Menopause Update is a concise and informative one-hour session designed to provide healthcare professionals with the latest insights and evidence-based practices in managing menopause. This update aims to enhance participants’ understanding of menopause-related symptoms, treatments, and support options to better assist women during this significant life transition.
By the end of the Menopause Update, participants will be able to:
- Understand the hormonal changes and physiological aspects of menopause.
- Recognise the common symptoms and challenges experienced during menopause.
- Learn evidence-based approaches to manage menopause-related symptoms and improve women’s quality of life.
- Explore the various treatment options, including hormone therapy and non-hormonal interventions.
- Gain insights into menopause and its impact on women’s overall health, including bone health and cardiovascular risk.
- Identify strategies for providing empathetic and patient-centred care to women going through menopause.
- Definition and stages of menopause
- Hormonal changes during perimenopause and post menopause
- Recognizing the end of reproductive years and the impact on fertility
Common Menopause Symptoms
- Hot flashes and night sweats: Causes and management
- Sleep disturbances and fatigue
- Mood changes, anxiety, and depression
Evidence-Based Treatment Approaches
- Hormone therapy: Benefits, risks, and suitability for different individuals
- Non-hormonal interventions: Lifestyle changes, supplements, and alternative therapies
- Addressing menopause-related sexual health concerns
Menopause and Overall Health
- The impact of menopause on bone health and osteoporosis risk
- Cardiovascular considerations and managing heart health during menopause.
- Weight management and metabolic changes in postmenopausal women
Providing Patient-Centred Care
- Empathy and active listening in menopause consultations
- Tailoring treatment plans to meet individual needs and preferences
- Addressing cultural and psychosocial factors affecting women’s menopausal experience
Conclusion and Q&A
- Recap of key points and takeaways from the Menopause Update
- Question and answer session to address participants’ queries and concerns
The Menopause Update is a recording of a live online webinar. Our expert speaker, Dr Hayley Jenkins, is a GP with specialist interest in menopause and women’s health will lead the session, providing evidence-based information and practical insights. The update will include visual aids, case studies, and interactive elements to engage participants and facilitate active learning.
The Menopause Update is designed for healthcare professionals, including general practitioners, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other allied health professionals involved in women’s health care. This update is particularly relevant for those who wish to stay informed about the latest developments and best practices in managing menopause and supporting women through this important life stage.
Lecturer: Dr Hayley Jenkins GP with special interest in Women’s Health