Mental Capacity Act, Human Rights and DoLS
This training session has been prepared to ensure that all staff are fully up-to-date with regard to the organisations and their own Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards responsibilities.
This course will enable participants to have a greater understanding of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
At the end of the session participants will be able to :
- List the functions of the Mental Capacity
- Describe the groups that will be affected by the legislation
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘best interests’
- Explain the role of Lasting Power of Attorneys
- Describe the function of the Court of Protection
- Explain the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
Lecturer: Jeshni Amblum-Almer, ANP and Course Director
Mental Health for Primary Care
*This course can be accessed as a stand alone module or part of the Mandatory Training self paced online learning package.