Mental Health Disorders in Primary Care
CPD Hours : 3
This audio presentation delivered by a consultant psychiatrist explores mental health disorders that present in primary care and strategies to take a history and identify resources available to manage this condition.
- Develop an understanding of common mental health problems that present in primary care
- Identify treatment strategies suitable for individual service users.
- Explore current evidence and treatment guidelines.
- Understand the importance of using varying strategies according to care plan agreed
- Identify resources available to support decision-making or refer.
Who Should Attend
Healthcare professionals working in advanced roles in primary care and general practice
Doctors, GP’s, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, practice nurses, physiotherapists, paramedics.
It is recommended that participants have a minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience
- Work booklet
- Powerpoint presentations
- Multimedia presentation
Lecturer: Dr Balu Pitchiah, Consultant Psychiatrist
Advanced Skills: Minor Illness
Safeguarding Adults Level 3
Safeguarding Children Level 3
Prescribing in Mental Health