Mental Health Update – Children and Young People 4 November 2021
CPD Hours : 3
This update is part of the Mental Health Series and focusses on managing mental health conditions in children and young people in general practice and primary care. It is delivered by experts in the field and explores using a multi agency collaborative approach to identifying and managing Mental Health conditions in adolescents in young people.
To develop your knowledge of common mental health disorders in adolescents and young people and identify resources and treatment options available.
- Develop an understanding of common mental health problems that present in primary care in young people.
- Identify treatment strategies suitable for individual service users.
- Explore current evidence and treatment guidelines.
- Understand the importance of using varying strategies according to care plan agreed
- Identify resources available to support decision-making or and the importance of a multi – agency approach to managing mental health conditions in young people.
Who Should Attend
Healthcare professionals working in advanced roles in primary care and general practice
Doctors, GP’s, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, practice nurses, physiotherapists, paramedics.
Session Type: Live ZOOM
Date: 4 November 2021
Time: 09h00 – 12h00
09h00 – 10h00: The impact of COVID19 and safeguarding children’s mental health
10h00 – 11h00: Understanding Mental health for Children and Adolescents
11h00 – 12h00: Exploring psychological interventions and developing resilience in young people.
Kenny Gibson, Head of Safeguarding, NHS England