Minor Illness Update 20 March 2024
” Management of Minor Illnesses Update”
This series of updates is designed to refresh healthcare professionals on current best practices, emerging trends, and new evidence-based approaches for managing common minor illnesses seen in primary care. It will enhance their diagnostic and management skills, with a focus on delivering efficient and effective patient care.
Aims of the Course:
To update and reinforce knowledge on the diagnosis and management of minor illnesses.
This course will :
- Discuss updated treatment protocols in managing specific minor illness presentations in primary care settings.
- Explore the latest guidelines and treatment options available.
- Explore patient communication and education strategies for common minor illnesses.
12h30 Antimicrobial Stewardship in Primary Care
Aneela Tehseen, Clinical Pharmacist
13h30 Gynaecology Update – Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
Dr Hayley Jenkins, FSRSH GPwSI Womens Health
14h30 Eye Disorders
Dr Rahman Loay tbc
16h00 Q&A, Series Wrap-Up, and Evaluation
- General Practitioners
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Emergency Department Physicians
- Primary Care Nurses
- Allied Healthcare Professionals
- Fee: £50.00 plus vat
- Free place available if you are currently registered on the Minor Illness Course in the past 3 months – since (November 2023).
This is an update. There are no handouts or recordings availabel afetr the course.