Minor Injuries 1,2 and 6 July 2021 INJ2107
]Time: 10h00 – 16h00
CPD Hours : 20 (Participatory)
Dr Asad Khan Orthopaedic Surgeon
Jeshni Amblum-Almér – ENP
- Anatomy of upper and lower limb
- Examination of the upper and lower limb.
- Red Dot Upper and Lower Limb x-ray interpretation
- Bites and Crush Injuries
- Wound Care and Dressings
- Ethical and legal issues
- Writing a statement
** Includes the following documents:
- Minor Injuries Booklet
- Pre-course Workbook
- Skills Portfolio with competencies
CPD Hours : 20
Accredited by CPDUK
Ethical and Legal Issues
Burnes and bites
Upper Limb Injuries
C-Spine and Eye Injuries
Lower Limb Injuries
Red Dot X-Ray Interpretation
This workbook will prepare you for the live session. Please familiarise yourself with basic concepts, terminology and anatomy.
Workbook & Portfolio
1 July 2021 : Upper Limb Assessment
2 July 2021 Review Lower Limb Injuries, Musculoskeletal Disorders, Wound Care
6 July 2021 Upper and Lower Red Dot X-Ray Interpretation
Times: 10h00 - 16h00
- Dr Asad Khan, Orthopaedics and Sports Injuries
- Dr Paramjeet Deol, A&E Consultant
- Dr Matthew Szarko, Senior Lecturert
- Jeshni Amblum-Almer, Nurse Practitioner
- You are required to listen to the following audio presentations in advance of the zoom lessons.
- History Taking
Optional Plastering and Suturing workshop on 23 July 2021.
Please ensure you have a working knowledge of anatomy of the upper and lower limb before attending the zoom session. We will not be covering basic anatomical terminology. It is recommended you work through the pre-course workbook before the zoom sessions.
*The Skills Portfolio is for your own learning in practice. You are not required to submit it to us.