Minor Injuries Course 26 27 28 September 2022 Manchester
CPD Hours : 30 Accreditted by CPDUK. Venue: Manchester. Session Type: Classroom Cost: £450.00 plus vat
This 3 day classroom course is suitable for clinicians seeing and treating minor injuries. Sessions explores assessment and treatment of upper and lower limb injuries with a focus on clinical decision-making, red flags and appropriate management.
Who should attend:
This course is suitable for nurses and registered healthcare professionals working in acute and unscheduled care settings, such as emergency departments, walk-in clinics, urgent care centres, primary care or other community and first contact settings.
- Have a UK or overseas degree from a recognised institution or equivalent professional or other qualification.
- Hold professional registration with the relevant Nursing or Allied Health Professional Body/Council or the GMC.
- You will normally have a minimum of 3 years post-registration experience in a relevant care environment.
- You should be employed in a role that will support development of clinical skills during the programme should you wish to complete the competency portfolio which is optional.
- You should be working in a relevant clinical environment in which you can achieve the clinical skills required.
- You should have access to an appropriate practice supervisor within that area.
- Audio presentations
- 3 day classroom course with expert lecturers
- Handouts and booklets
- 3 months access
- Option to attend practical plastering and suturing workshop at a discounted rate
- Option to attend practical skills session with mock OSCE and Skills Portfolio.
***Optional Skills Portfolio – this is not a requirement of the course
Audio Session – Self directed on-line learning
- History Taking and Documentation
- Assessment and Management of Burns
- Clinical Decision-making in Burns and Bites
- Head Injuries
- C-Spine Assessment
- Eye Injuries
- Medication for MSK injuries.
- “Red Dot” x-ray interpretation on Day 3
Jeshni Amblum-Almer – Course Director, ENP
Dr Matthew Szarko
Dr Parmy Deol, A&E Consultant
Dr Hasan Nour, A&E Registrar