Minor Injuries 1,2 and 6 July 2021 INJ2109
CPD Hours : 20 Accreditted by CPDUK
Who should attend:
This course is suitable for nurses and healthcare professionals working in acute and unscheduled care settings, such as emergency departments, walk-in clinics, urgent care centres, primary care or other community and first contact settings.
1. Audio presentations
2. 3 day live zoom course with expert lecturers
3. Handouts and booklets
4. 3 months access
5. Option to attend practical plastering and suturing workshop at a discounted rate
6. Option to attend practical skills session with mock OSCE and Skills Portfolio.
Dr Asad Khan – Orthopaedic lecturer
JeshniAmblum-Almer – Course Director, ENP
- Audio Courses: History Taking, Bites, Wounds, Burns
- Zoom Sessions : Ethical and Legal issues including consent and capacity
- Upper and Lower Limb Injuries
- Statement writing
- “Red Dot” X-Ray Interpretation Upper and Lower Limb
- Musculoskeletal disorders and medication for MSK injuries.
Have a UK or overseas degree from a recognised institution or equivalent professional or other qualification.
Hold professional registration with the relevant Nursing or Allied Health Professional Body/Council or the GMC.
You will normally have a minimum of 3 years post-registration experience in a relevant care environment.
Optional Skills Portfolio – this is not a requirement of the course
You should be employed in a role that will support development of clinical skills during the programme should you wish to complete the competency portfolio which is optional.
You should be working in a relevant clinical environment in which you can achieve the clinical skills required.
You should have access to an appropriate practice supervisor within that area.
Ethical and Legal Issues
Burnes and bites
Upper Limb Injuries
C-Spine and Eye Injuries
Lower Limb Injuries
Red Dot X-Ray Interpretation
This workbook will prepare you for the live session. Please familiarise yourself with basic concepts, terminology and anatomy.
Workbook & Portfolio
SESSION RECORDINGS DAY 1
Session recording Day 2
Session recording Day 3
1 July 2021 : Upper Limb Assessment
2 July 2021 Review Lower Limb Injuries, Musculoskeletal Disorders, Wound Care
6 July 2021 Upper and Lower Red Dot X-Ray Interpretation
Times: 10h00 - 16h00
- Dr Asad Khan, Orthopaedics and Sports Injuries
- Dr Paramjeet Deol, A&E Consultant
- Dr Matthew Szarko, Senior Lecturert
- Jeshni Amblum-Almer, Nurse Practitioner
- You are required to listen to the following audio presentations in advance of the zoom lessons.
- History Taking
Optional Plastering and Suturing workshop on 23 July 2021.
Please ensure you have a working knowledge of anatomy of the upper and lower limb before attending the zoom session. We will not be covering basic anatomical terminology. It is recommended you work through the pre-course workbook before the zoom sessions.
*The Skills Portfolio is for your own learning in practice. You are not required to submit it to us.