Minor Injury Course MI0922 19-21 September 2022
CPD Hours : 20 Accreditted by CPDUK
Session Type: Classroom
This 3 day classroom course is suitable for clinicians seeing and treating minor injuries. Sessions explores assessment and treatment of upper and lower limb injuries with a focus on clinical decision-making, red flags and appropriate management.
Who should attend:
This course is suitable for nurses and registered healthcare professionals working in acute and unscheduled care settings, such as emergency departments, walk-in clinics, urgent care centres, primary care or other community and first contact settings.
- Have a UK or overseas degree from a recognised institution or equivalent professional or other qualification.
- Hold professional registration with the relevant Nursing or Allied Health Professional Body/Council or the GMC.
- You will normally have a minimum of 3 years post-registration experience in a relevant care environment.
- You should be employed in a role that will support development of clinical skills during the programme should you wish to complete the competency portfolio which is optional.
- You should be working in a relevant clinical environment in which you can achieve the clinical skills required.
- You should have access to an appropriate practice supervisor within that area.
- Audio presentations
- 3 day classroom course with expert lecturers
- Handouts and booklets
- 3 months access
- Option to attend practical plastering and suturing workshop at a discounted rate
- Option to attend practical skills session with mock OSCE and Skills Portfolio.
***Optional Skills Portfolio – this is not a requirement of the course
Audio Session – Self directed o-line learning
- History Taking and Documentation
- Assessment and Management of Burns
- Clinical Decision-making in Burns and Bites
- Head Injuries
- C-Spine Assessment
- Eye Injuries
Classroom Sessions 3 face to face days
- Ethical and Legal issues including consent and capacity
- Upper and Lower Limb Assessment and Management of Injuries
- Statement writing
- Practical upper and lower limb assessment day
- Musculoskeletal disorders and medication for MSK injuries.
- “Red Dot” X-Ray Interpretation
Dorthe Swaby-Larsen ENP Lecturer
Dr Matthew Szarko
Rob Fernandez, ENP, Sports Injuries
Red Dot X-Ray Interpretation
Plastering and Suturing Workshop
Physical Examination Skills
- Brilliant course. Enjoyed it all. Thanks so much.
- Excellent – and have now booked for the full course.
- Superb! really excellent. I definitely plan to do the 3 day course ASAP. Thank you
This course is a classroom session in Battersea