Non Medical Prescribing Update 13 March 2024
Date: 13 March 2024 Time: 09h00 – 16h00 Price: £125.00 plus vat
This 4hr webinar :Non Medical Prescribing Update is suitable for non medical prescribers (NMP) who have completed the V300 course in the UK and require their yearly NMP update. This live webinar explores the latest developments in NMP prescribing. Participants will engage with recent changes in guidelines, explore advancements in pharmacotherapy, and discuss strategies for effective medication management, with a focus on safety and adherence. The course employs a combination of lectures, case-based learning, and interactive discussions to promote direct application to clinical practice.
- To discuss and implement best practices for enhancing medication safety and adherence as non medical prescribers.
- To explore the implications of emerging trends in pharmacotherapy and understand your legal and professional accountability as non medical prescribers.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Update knowledge on recent changes in prescribing guidelines in the United Kingdom so that NMP’s are able to incorporate these changes into their prescribing practices.
- Understand and apply strategies for improving medication safety and patient adherence.
- Identify and consider the potential impact of emerging trends in pharmacotherapy on their practice and mprove awareness and knowledge of contemporary issues and legalities related to non medical prescribing
- Review the RPS Framework for competent prescribing and scope of practice of non medical prescribers.
Who Should Attend Non Medical Prescribers with V300 qualifications including paramedics, pharmacists, allied healthcare professionals, doctors podiatrist, physiotherapist and radiotherapist prescribers.
Course Content Introduction and Recent Developments in Pharmacotherapy
- Course introduction, objectives, and overview.
- Discussion on the most recent developments in pharmacotherapy, NMP Updates and clinical governance.
- Explore current laws and legislation related to independent and supplementary prescribing
- Paramedic prescribing of controlled drugs
Enhancing Medication Safety and Adherence
- Strategies for improving medication adherence and safety.
- Discussion on the role of patient communication in ensuring medication adherence.
- Common pitfalls in prescribing
- Ethical and Legal considerations in non medical prescribing
Emerging Trends in Pharmacotherapy
- Overview of emerging trends in pharmacotherapy, including personalised medicine and new drug classes.
- Potential future changes in prescribing guidelines.
- Clinical governance and NMP Updates
Review of Prescribing competency document
- Overview of RPS competencies
- Scope of practice for non medical prescribers.
- Auditing practice
- Prescribing alerts
- Yellow label and off licence prescribing
- Private prescriptions
- Prescribing high risk drugs
- Adverse drug reactions and how to reduce errors.
- Remote prescribing
Option to join afternoon Chronic Disease Update
13h00 Prescribing in COPD Aneela Tehseen Clinical Pharmacist
14h00 Latest update in prescribing and treating asthma Ameet Gordhan, Clinical Pharmacist
15h00 Medicines Management in Diabetes Gill Dunn Diabetes Specialist nurse
16h00 Session close
Aneela Tehseen, Clinical Pharmacist GP and Nurse Practitioner lecturers tbc. ***This is NOT a sponsored event. Please note there are no recordings available after the course.
This is a live webinar delivered via zoom. Once booked, you will receive a zoom link. If you have any questions or to make a group booking, please email email@example.com