Non Medical Prescribing Update 19 October 2023
Date: 19 October 2023
Time: 1300-1600 hrs (GMT)
Accreditation: 3 CPD Hours (CPDUK)
This half-day Non Medical Prescribing Update provides an update on the latest developments in prescribing for clinicians working in general practice. Participants will engage with recent changes in guidelines, explore advancements in pharmacotherapy, and discuss strategies for effective medication management, with a focus on safety and adherence. The course employs a combination of lectures, case-based learning, and interactive discussions to promote direct application to clinical practice.
***This is NOT a sponsored event. Please note there are no recordings or handouts for this session.
- To update general practice and primary care clinicians on recent trends and changes in medication prescribing.
- To discuss and implement best practices for enhancing medication safety and adherence.
- To explore the implications of emerging trends in pharmacotherapy on general practice.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Be aware of recent changes in prescribing guidelines and able to incorporate these changes into their prescribing practices.
- Understand and apply strategies for improving medication safety and patient adherence.
- Identify and consider the potential impact of emerging trends in pharmacotherapy on their practice.
Introduction and Recent Developments in Pharmacotherapy
- Course introduction, objectives, and overview.
- Discussion on the most recent developments in pharmacotherapy.
- Updates from health and drug regulatory agencies.
Updates in Prescribing for Chronic Diseases
- Recent changes in guidelines for managing common chronic diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Discussion of new medications for these conditions and their place in therapy.
- Case-based learning activities to apply these updates to patient care.
Enhancing Medication Safety and Adherence
- Strategies for improving medication adherence and safety.
- Discussion on the role of patient communication in ensuring medication adherence.
- Interactive role-play activities to practice strategies for improving medication safety and adherence.
Emerging Trends in Pharmacotherapy and Closing Discussion
- Overview of emerging trends in pharmacotherapy, including personalised medicine and new drug classes.
- Potential future changes in prescribing guidelines.