Paediatric Minor Illness 10 and 11 July 2023 webinar
2 Day Webinar Course 6th February 2023 Dr Jai Ghanapathy, Paediatric Consultant and 2nd February 2023 – Dr Sam Thenabadu Paeds A&E Consultant
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for healthcare professionals working in general practice and primary care settings who see and treat children.
This course will develop your knowledge and confidence in seeing and treating children who present with minor ailments.
- Develop your skills in history taking and documentation
- Understand that children are not little adults and require a more focussed assessment specific to their development
- Develop clinical decision-making skills in assessing and treating a range of ailments.
- Use a structured approach in assessing different body systems.
- Recognise limitations of practice, red flags and when to seek advice or refer.
Day 1 : Dr Jai Ghanapathy Paediatric Consultant, Hillingdon Hospital
Learning Unit 1 : Dermatology
- Clinical decision-making in rashes and skin conditions in children
- Recognising and management of meningococcal diseases in children.
- Managing Atopic eczem
Learning Unit 2 : Abdominal And Genitourinary
- Abdominal Pain in children including diarrhoea, constipation, vomiting and nausea.
- GI Disorders in children including lactose intolerance and other milk intolerances
- Managing UTI’s in children
- Diabetes in children
Learning Unit 3: Endocrine and Auto Immune
- Diabetes in children
- Paediatric Inflammatory Multisystem syndrome
- Autoimmune conditions
- Allergies in children
Day 2 : Dr Sam Thenabadu Paeds A&E Consultant
Learning Unit 4:
- Developmental red flags in children
- Physical Examination of the sick child
- Managing pyrexia and pain in children
- Pain in children
- Spotting the unwell child
Learning Unit 5: Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, Throat (HEENT)
- Developmental red flags
- Common ENT presentations
- Diagnosis and management of otitis media , externa and glue ear.
- Adenovirus in children, Sinusitis and nose bleeds. The red throat
- Overview of eye conditions in children
Learning Unit 6 :Respiratory
- Respiratory conditions. Asthma management in children.
- Includes techniques for listening to the paediatric chest and how to auscultate
- Bronchiolitis, chest infections, covid in children and viral infections
- COVID in children
CPD Hours : 12
Dr Sam Thenabadu Paediatric Consultant
- Live ZOOM Lecture – Two days
- Access to the Learning Management System
“Fantastic course. Thorough, knowledgeable tutor. Extremely relevant and easy to follow. Great course material. I have learnt a great deal from today and would definitely sign up for another course with you. The course and information I have learnt has certainly helped my practice. “
Spotting the sick child
ENT and Eyes
webinar using zoom