Parkinsons and Dementia Awareness Training
The Parkinson’s and Dementia Webinar is a comprehensive online program designed to provide healthcare professionals with the latest insights, evidence-based approaches, and practical strategies in the management of Parkinson’s disease and dementia. This three-hour webinar aims to enhance participants’ understanding of these neurological conditions, early identification of symptoms, and effective interventions to improve the quality of life for patients and their caregivers.
Course Objectives: By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key features and characteristics of Parkinson’s disease and dementia.
- Recognise early signs and symptoms for timely diagnosis and intervention.
- Understand the impact of Parkinson’s and dementia on patients and caregivers.
- Implement evidence-based interventions and treatment approaches.
- Communicate effectively with patients and families regarding disease management and care planning.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive care for patients with Parkinson’s and dementia.
- Apply practical strategies for improving the overall well-being and quality of life for patients and their caregivers.
Session 1: Understanding Parkinson’s Disease
- Overview of Parkinson’s disease: Pathophysiology and neurodegeneration
- Common symptoms and motor manifestations
- Early identification and differential diagnosis
- Evidence-based pharmacological and non-pharmacological management
Session 2: Navigating Dementia
- Types and stages of dementia: Alzheimer’s, vascular dementia, and others
- Cognitive, behavioural, and psychological symptoms
- Challenges in diagnosis and assessment
- Integrating person-centred care and support for dementia patients
Session 3: Enhancing Quality of Life and Care
- Addressing the impact of Parkinson’s and dementia on patients and caregivers
- Strategies for improving communication with patients and families
- Collaborative care planning and involving caregivers in decision-making
- Resources and community support for Parkinson’s and dementia care
Webinar Format: The webinar will be conducted as a live online event with expert speaker Dr Nora Vyas.
Each session will be followed by a Q&A segment, allowing participants to engage directly with the presenters and seek clarification on specific topics. Webinar materials, including presentation slides and additional resources, will be provided to attendees for further reference and self-directed learning.
Who Should Attend
The Parkinson’s and Dementia Webinar is suitable for healthcare professionals, including general practitioners, primary care physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, social workers, occupational therapists, and other allied health professionals interested in advancing their knowledge and skills in managing Parkinson’s and dementia