Phlebotomy and Injection Technique In-house
Session Aims :
To enable practitioners to develop skills in drawing up bloods for laboratory investigation, and administering injections such as Vitamin B12 and other intramuscular injections.
Update your knowledge on the latest guidelines in managing anaphylaxis.
- Review anatomy and physiology of hand veins and injection sites on the body.
- Legal and professional issues in performing invasive procedures
- Infection control related to giving an injection and in taking bloods.
- Understand the different techniques and equipment available for preparing and performing invasive procedures
- Discuss indications, contra-indications, and possible complications
- Documentation of the procedure and monitoring of the site
- Hands on practical sessions for venepuncture and injection technique on life-sized mannequins.
- Overview of anaphylaxis
Online access to Anaphylaxis e-learning audio session with certification.
Online access to workbook and handouts
Face to face session
Practical session on injection technique
Practice session on Venepuncture
It is a requirement to complete the pre-course reading prior to attending this session and completion of competency document after the practical course.
This is an in-house bespoke course for Sutton.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place on this course.
Course Dates: 15 & 19 April, 7,12 & 18 May
Venue for 7 May 2021 is Sutton Civic Offices, G4 - St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA @ 07-05-2021 (13:30 - 16:30)