Plastering and Suturing 15 March 2024
CPD Hours : 6 Time: 10:00-16:00.
Session Type: Classroom – Chatfield Medical Centre, Battersea
Who Should Attend
Healthcare professionals who wish to develop practical skills in application of Plaster of Paris.
Knowledge of anatomy of the upper and lower limb and common injuries.
***This is a practical workshop with opportunity to practice on peers.
- Overview of shoulder dislocations and how to reduce displaced colles fracture.
- Haematoma blocks
- Application of upper and lower limb POP
- Techniques in POP application
- Plaster care
- Use of crutches
- Discharge advice
- Application of slings and splints
- Includes U slab, ulna splint, volar slab and back slabs
- Lower limb plasters and splints.
- Suturing techniques and practice section on suture pads
- Different types of sutures
Lecturer: Sara Salmon
Completion of the following courses prior to attending this session
This is a face to face session with limited numbers Venue: Battersea, London