Plastering and Suturing Workshop 25 April 2022
CPD Hours : 6
Session Type: Classroom – Chatfield Medical Centre, Battersea
Who Should Attend
Healthcare professionals who wish to develop practical skills in application of Plaster of Paris.
Knowledge of anatomy of the upper and lower limb and common injuries.
***This is a practical workshop with opportunity to practice on peers.
- Overview of shoulder dislocations and how to reduce displaced colles fracture.
- Haematoma blocks
Application of upper and lower limb POP
Techniques in POP application
Use of crutches
Application of slings and splints
Includes U slab, ulna splint, volar slab and back slabs
Lower limb plasters and splints.
- Suturing techniques and practice section on suture pads
- Different types of sutures
Completion of the following courses prior to attending this session
- Minor Injuries
- “Red Dot” x-ray interpretation
- Working in a clinical environment such as urgent care or A&E
- You have a mentor to sign off competencies if required. This is not a course requirement.
This is a face to face session with limited numbers due to current restrictions and social distancing.Venue: Battersea, London