Plastering and Suturing Workshop 24 November 2023 PSW1124
CPD Hours : 6 Time: 10:00-16:00. Session Type: Classroom – Chatfield Medical Centre, Battersea
Who Should Attend
Healthcare professionals who wish to develop practical skills in application of Plaster of Paris.
Knowledge of anatomy of the upper and lower limb and common injuries.
***This is a practical workshop with opportunity to practice on peers.
- Overview of shoulder dislocations and how to reduce displaced colles fracture.
- Haematoma blocks
- Application of upper and lower limb POP
- Techniques in POP application
- Plaster care
- Use of crutches
- Discharge advice
- Application of slings and splints
- Includes U slab, ulna splint, volar slab and back slabs
- Lower limb plasters and splints.
- Suturing techniques and practice section on suture pads
- Different types of sutures
Lecturer: Sara Salmon
Completion of the following courses prior to attending this session
- Triaging musculoskeletal injuries for x-rays
- Minor Injuries
- “Red Dot” x-ray interpretation
- Working in a clinical environment such as urgent care or A&E
- You have a mentor to sign off competencies if required. This is not a course requirement.
Cast and Plaster training
This is a face to face session with limited numbers Venue: Battersea, London