Red Dot Upper and Lower Limb X-Ray Interpretation 23 Feb 2021
Date: 23 February 2021 Time: 10h00 – 16h00
Session: Live online using ZOOM
Lecturer: Dr Asad Khan Orthopaedic and Trauma
CPD Hours: 6
This workshop aims to develop your skills in interpreting upper and lower limb x-ray’s in adults.
Develop skills by using a structured approach when reviewing an x-ray of an upper or lower limb.
Consider history, examination and mechanism of injury when interpreting an x-ray.
Request x-rays appropriately and consider radiology guidelines.
Recognise when to refer.
Who Should Attend
Nurse practitioners, Medical students, physiotherapists, Physician Associates, ENP, AHP
Work in an environment where x-ray interpretation is part of your role such as minor injury units, A&E, out of hours and urgent care centres.
Know your upper and lower limb anatomy
Completed training in examination of the upper and lower lim
- Ethical and Legal considerations when requesting an x-ray
- History taking and assessment
- Principles of normal and abnormal appearances of bone, soft tissues and joints on X-rays
- ABCDE and Red Dotprinciples in x-ray interpretation
- When to refer.
- Upper limb X-ray interpretation
- Lower limb X-ray interpretation