Telephone Triage 5 November 2021
The recent COVID-19 pandemic has put a considerable strain on healthcare delivery. Telephone triage can be challenging even for experienced nurses, doctors, pharmacists and clinicians undertaking telephone triage.
Who should attend?
All clinical staff involved in telephone triage
This session is explores consultation skills and clinical decision making during telephone triage.
Use a structured approach in telephone consultation skills
Develop skills in clinical decision-making during telephone triage
Recognise potential red flags and safety netting and when or who to refer to.
- Telephone Triage consultation skills – using a systematic approach.
- Overview of COVID-19 and triage challenges
- Clinical decision-making and telephone triage
- Triaging the worried welll.
- Managing prescriptions requests
- Recognising safeguarding cases that may arise and how to refer.
- Triaging mental health patient
Dr Sanjeev Kalia, General Practitioner
Samantha Thompson: Forensic Paramedic and Senior Lecturer
Aneela Tehseen: Clinical Prescribing pharmacist
Jeshni Amblum-Almér : Nurse Practitioner and Course Director in Advanced Practice