Telephone Triage and Consultation Skills 18 April 2023
CPD Hours: 6 Start Time: 09:00am End Time: 15:00 Live Online Course via Zoom
The recent COVID-19 pandemic has put a considerable strain on healthcare delivery. Telephone triage can be challenging even for experienced nurses, doctors, pharmacists and clinicians undertaking telephone triage. The increase in remote telephone triage and consultation requires a structured approach to ensure patient safety.
Who should attend?
All clinical staff involved in telephone triage and remote consultations.
This session is delivered as a live zoom session and explores consultation skills and clinical decision making during telephone triage.
- Use a structured approach in telephone triage and consultation skills
- Develop skills in clinical decision-making during telephone triage
- Recognise potential red flags and safety netting and when or who to refer to.
- Telephone Triage and consultation skills – using a systematic approach.
- Clinical decision-making and telephone triage
- Triaging the worried well.
- Managing prescriptions requests
- Case study approach to telephone triage
- Recognising safeguarding cases that may arise and how to refer.
- Triaging mental health patients
Jeshni Amblum-Almér : Nurse Practitioner and Course Director in Advanced Practic
This course is a live zoom session.Course starts at 09h00 and finishes at 15h00.