Telephone Triage and Consultation Skills 25 October 2022
CPD Hours: 6 Time: 10:00 – 16:00 Live Online Course via Zoom Cost £100 +vat
The recent COVID-19 pandemic has put a considerable strain on healthcare delivery. Telephone triage can be challenging even for experienced nurses, doctors, pharmacists and clinicians undertaking telephone triage. The increase in remote telephone triage and consultation requires a structured approach to ensure patient safety.
Who should attend?
All clinical staff involved in telephone triage and remote consultations.
This session is delivered as a live zoom session and explores consultation skills and clinical decision making during telephone triage.
Use a structured approach in telephone triage and consultation skills
- Develop skills in clinical decision-making during telephone triage
- Overview of paediatric cases, mental health and prescription requests.
- Recognise potential red flags and safety netting and when or who to refer to.
- Telephone Triage and consultation skills – using a systematic approach.
- Overview of COVID-19 and triage challenges
- Clinical decision-making and telephone triage
- Triaging the worried well.
- Managing prescriptions requests
- Recognising safeguarding cases that may arise and how to refer.
- Triaging mental health patients