Travel Health Update
Date: 31 March 2021
Time: 10h00 – 14h00
Session: Microsoft teams
Lecturer: Kirsty Armstrong
This refresher course follows recommendations from The National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners.
Who should attend
- All other healthcare staff involved in delivering or advising on vaccinations.
It is a requirement that delegates attend the Foundation Travel Course prior to attending this yearly update.
This session will refresh your knowledge and practical skills required to provide safe vaccination delivery and advice on travel immunisations.
- Update knowledge on national vaccine policies, schedules, legislation and current guidance
- Demonstrate the steps required for an effective travel health consultation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to administer vaccinations safely
- Aware of the importance of proper storage and supply of vaccinations.
- Refresh knowledge on Anaphylaxis.
- Immunisation national policy and schedule.
- Immune system and how vaccines work
- Different Vaccines used and controversies with immunisation.
- Changes to the National Immunisation Schedule and legislation relevant to vaccination
- Medicine management, storage and handling of vaccines.
- Anaphylaxis and adverse events.
- Travel health and advice
- Medication prescribing and review of current practice