Triaging and Streaming in Urgent Care (18 January 2024)
Title: Triaging and Streaming in Urgent Care
Date: 18 January 2024
Time: 1pm – 4pm (GMT)
Session type: ZOOM
Accreditation: CPD Certified
This course is for clinicians working in triage as streamers in an urgent or primary care settings. The session focusses on identification of the sick or deteriorating patient and correct streaming.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at registered nurses and allied healthcare professionals working in urgent care and primary care settings.
- Use a structured approach in Streaming/ Triage process
- Develop skills in clinical decision-making
- Recognise potential red flags and safety netting and when or who to refer to.
- Overview of Manchester Triage
- Emergency care data sets
- Consultation skills during triage and streaming
- Streaming protocols including streaming chest pain and DVTs Sepsis screening
- Using PGDs in triage
- Special consideration for ‘Silver Trauma’ patients
- Analgesia , anti-pyretic & other medication (eg anti histamines)
- Urine sample
- Referring /redirecting to ED/UCC/GP or other services
Other urgent care courses
This is a live webinar delivered via zoom.