Blood Results Interpretation
CPD Hours: 6 Mode of Delivery: Self directed online course or webinar
This course provides an introduction to blood results interpretation, exploring basic concepts and developing an understanding of blood tests requested in general practice.
Who Should Attend
Healthcare professionals working in general practice and community settings.
Nurse Practitioners, practice nurses, junior doctors, allied health professionals, prescribers
You should have a basic understanding of terminology used in requesting blood tests.
This session aims to prepare clinicians working in primary care and general practice to interpret and review blood results
- Understand the basic concepts and terminology for blood tests.
- Use a case study approach to increase confidence in requesting and interpreting blood test results.
- Develop an understanding of key blood tests such as FBC, U&E, LFT and blood tests common undertaken in general practice and community settings.
- Develop skills in understanding bloods that require urgent attention: such as : high potassium, low platelets, raised WCC, low sodium and raised inflammatory markers.
- Identify iron deficiency and treatment regimes.
- Consider treatment options and current guidelines for treatment of abnormal TFT, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12.
- Recognise limitations of practice and when to refer.
Accreditation : CPDUK