Non Medical Prescribing Update Online
This prescribing update will explore safe prescribing in general practice, improve concordance, improving patient safety and uses a case study discussion around prescribing errors including auditing of medication reviews. The prescribing update also discussed the competency document for non medical prescribers.
Who should attend
Nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, non medical prescribers, paramedics, physician associates and practice nurses and GP’s, doctors
This session provides an update of current prescribing guidelines for safe prescribing in general practice.
- Explore current guidelines for prescribing in primary care.
- Develop skills in carrying out an effective medication review.
- Polypharmacy and how to prevent prescribing errors.
- .Managing non adherence and developing concordance.
- Recognise importance of auditing and reviewing prescribing practices in general practice.
- Adherence to local formulary and transfer of care – medicines reconciliation. Mr Ayorinde Balogun, Clinical Pharmacist, Wandsworth PCN, Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- Transfer of care – medicines reconciliation Mr Ayorinde Balogun
- Requests to prescribe from private clinics and non-conventional sources Mr Marvin Sooboodoo, Senior Primary Care Pharmacist, South West London
- Auditing medicines management
- How to use the competency framework as a prescriber. Aneela Tehseen, Clinical Pharmacist
CPD Hours: 3. Session Type:Recording of live webinar